Young, vibrant and motivated Junior Content Creator needed for a role based at Penreach, Mupumlanga.
The job’s responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1. Developing and coordinating original, creative and engaging social media content (text, image and video) both via a content calendar and ad hoc requirements and suggesting creative ways to attract more customers and promote the brands across all social media platforms including:
2. Reporting on social media content engagement across all platforms and providing insights and suggestions for improving content engagement.
3. Assisting in implementing face-to-face and virtual projects across all business entities.
4. Undertaking ad-hoc communication projects including assisting at events.
5. Designing content to sustain readers’ curiosity, create buzz and generate potential leads.
6. Working with all staff to maintain communication consistency.
7. In collaboration with the Head of Department and communication team craft compelling messages across communication channels.
• Tertiary qualification in marketing, communication, graphic design, journalism or equivalent
• Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Videography / photography skills
• Knowledge of Adobe photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator highly advantageous
• Proven track record in creating engaging social media content and growing social media followings
• A minimum of one-year experience in a similar role.
The desired candidate must:
• Have a keen eye for design, a creative passion and flair.
• Be highly skilled at creating and running with social media content from concept to delivery
• Be competent in allocating resources, monitoring, and reporting on the status of social media content.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple deliverables.
• Have solid people and communication skills.
• Great organisational competencies and be able to manage the creative process from start to finish.
• Experience with photoshoots and photography and videography
• Impressive copy writing skills
• Have a passion for the web and digital technologies is a plus.
• Experience managing PR and marketing & communication events is advantageous.
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
• Be passionate about education and the youth.
Penreach NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants are advised that if they have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, it must be assumed that the application has been unsuccessful.